1. Autonomous tracker mode. For the Tracking feature to work correctly, the device needs information about the ignition status. The COMPASS module does not have any input from ignition, so it receives status information regarding IGLA and AUTOSTART via the CAN bus. The new modules monitor the ignition status independently, which allows the Tracking feature to work correctly and autonomously without the need to interact with IGLA or AUTOSTART.
2. Remote temperature sensor. TELE COMPASS 2 and TELE COMPASS 2 4G are equipped with an input for connecting a remote temperature sensor. From now on, if you have an AUTOSTART module installed, you can configure engine autostart by temperature.
3. It is now possible to connect an external GPS antenna — CPM-ANT01. All COMPASS telematic modules have a built-in GPS antenna, which facilitates their installation. However, sometimes the module must be installed in a stealthy way. This may deteriorate the satellite signal. Thanks to the external antenna, the new models support the satellite signal in a more reliable and stable way. This is especially important for stealthy installation.
4. The micro-USB port helps you connect the devices to PC and set them up via Author Config Tool. For the COMPASS module, configuration is only possible via SMS commands.
5. A distinctive feature of TELE COMPASS 2 4G is a universal GSM modem that supports all major standards of wireless communication: 2G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) and 4G (LTE-FDD/LTE-TDD/HSPA+). The COMPASS and TELE COMPASS 2 modules are equipped with a 2G modem.