The "Alarm Button" function is available when IGLA/IGLA PRO/IGLA ALARM work together with the ATLAS GSM module or COMPASS GSM/GPS module. This function is intended to transmit an alarm when a driver has an emergency on the road.
If the car owner gets into an emergency, he should press and hold one of the standard buttons in the car for more than 2 seconds, after which a proxy person (relative or friend) will receive a message on the smartphone:
● For COMPASS GSM/GPS — SMS message "ALARM! Alarm activated" will be sent to a specified phone number (up to five numbers can be set) and a push notification "Alarm! Standard alarm triggered" — to the smartphone with Author Connect installed.
SMS commands example:
1234 set N1 +12345678900 (Set the first emergency notification number.)
1234 set N2 +12345678900 (Set the second emergency notification number.)
1234 set N? (Get information which numbers are set for emergency SMS.)
● For ATLAS GSM — a push notification "Alarm activated" will be sent to the smartphone with Author Connect installed.
The alarm button can be one of the buttons used to set an authorization PIN code. This button is configured by an installer with the Author Flasher utility*.
Steps to assign an alarm button:
1. Put IGLA into the PIN change mode.
2. Start Author Flasher*, go to IGLA’s setup menu, and activate the "Put the device to alarm button training mode" option.
3. Press and hold for more than 2 seconds one of the buttons available for recording the PIN code.
4. An indication signal from IGLA will confirm successful assignment.
*Starting with Author Flasher Version 3.9.0
Adding ignored buttons
The function removes buttons that impede correct authorization.
For example, some cars have a "driver's seat belt" button in the list of available authorization buttons. This button is correctly accepted by IGLA in the car of basic configuration. But in the same car of advanced configuration, this button may impede authorization because IGLA may treat that as so-called "false presses" and prevent correct entering of the PIN code.
To avoid this, our engineers have developed a special function — "Adding Ignored Buttons", which allows excluding the buttons that cause "false clicks" from the list of those available for authorization.
To add ignored buttons:
1. Put IGLA* to the PIN change mode. (Or connect grey wire.)
2. Start Author Flasher*, go to IGLA’s setup menu, and activate "Put the device in the mode of adding ignored buttons". The indication once every 3 seconds will stop.
If IGLA detects a button within 60 seconds after activation, the button will be automatically added to the list of "ignored buttons", followed by a single flash.
This means that in the future the button added to the list will not affect the use of other buttons in any way: it becomes invisible to the device.
3. When the mode is over, the system will give a double indication signal.
To clear the list of ignored buttons:
1. Set IGLA to the PIN change mode.
2. Start Author Flasher*, go to IGLA setup menu, and activate "Clear Ignored Button List".
After that, all previously ignored buttons will become visible to the device again.
*Starting with Author Flasher Version 3.8.0 and IGLA 3.6.0.