We are delighted to confirm the release of a new version for Author Connect — V1.17.
- Update the Compass GSM module's firmware via Author Connect.
- Add details about the number of the SIM card installed in Compass.
- Contact Technical Support via the mobile application.
- Stability and performance have been improved.
Author Connect V1.17 is available in App Store, Google Play, and AppGallery. Depending on your smartphone settings, it can be updated automatically or manually.
More about new features
1. Update Compass firmware via the mobile application
To update Compass firmware, you had to send a special SMS command to the device's mobile number.
Now you can update it faster and easier — just go to Engineer Settings in Author Connect and click Update Firmware.
Then click Yes, continue:
For Compass V.1.1.19 or higher, the update process will start automatically.
For Compass lower than V.1.1.19, you will be required to send the SMS command "1234 fwupdate"*.
In this command, the first four digits is the password.
2. Add details about the number of the SIM card installed in Compass
In Settings of the mobile application, you can find Device SIM phone number.
When you save the card number, it is added to your phone's contact list with an automatically generated name and serial number.
Now it is easy and convenient to find the device's mobile number every time you wish to top up its balance or contact Technical Support.
3. Contact Technical Support via the mobile application
Now you can contact Technical Support directly via the mobile application in two ways:
- Call support — this will open the standard application for calls and show you Technical Support's number.
- Email us — this will open the standard mailing application.