The newest option of the Digital anti-theft system IGLA is the Super AntiHiJack mode.
The major advantage of SuperHiJack option over AntiHiJack is the system’s ability to prevent theft and shield the driver in case of forced hijack emergency at the vehicle boarding stage and disabling the alarm under threat. (For instance: at the parking lot, near the house driveway etc.)
In situations like these systems switch-off and engines disablement may provoke unnecessary aggression towards the driver.
Under the Super AntiHiJack shield, IGLA system would not block the engine instantly, giving the hijacker time to drive away at a certain distance (300 m aprox), allowing the driver to get to safety.
How does it work:
Despite any phones/radio fobs or any IGLA engine blocking systems, only secret PIN-code that has to be entered while the engine is running can disable Super AntiHijack .
In case of the vehicle running for over 300 meters while the secret PIN code was not entered the system would make alarm signals on a dashboard reminding to enter the PIN.
In case of failure to enter the PIN in 20 seconds after the alarm starts, IGLA activates all the exterior alarms (emergency lights and horn alarm) and brings the engine to a full stop at a safe speed)*
SupeHiJack is off by default.
In order to activate SupeHiJack:
1) go and select option 30 in IGLA menu
2) activate the option with Author Flasher 3.5 utility
To disactivate Super AntiHiJack mode :
1) Select IGLA 17th option in the menu (all anti-theft modes are off)
2) Select IGLA 16th option (standard AntiHiJack is on).
3) Activate the corresponding function with Author Flasher 3.5 utility
* options change/vary depending on the selected product package, version and vehicle type and manufacturer. For more information go to help.author-alarm.com, or contact customer service.
AUTHOR Alarm Team